- Exhibits to be judged in accordance with the NAFAS Competitions Manual Third Edition 2015.
- (a) Novice: An exhibitor who has not won a first prize at a major show. A novice may also enter the Intermediate and Open Classes. Those holding an AOIFA qualification are ineligible to enter the Novice Class.(b) Intermediate: An exhibitor who has won first prize in the Novice Class at a major show. An Intermediate may also enter the Open Classes
- Exhibits should be the original, unaided work of the competitor, and must be assembled in the staging area (Exception Class 5) and not have been entered previously on any forum. Pre-done work: Many techniques, whether contemporary or traditional, require a great deal of time to complete. Pre–done work of this type is acceptable in any class, unless specifically excluded by the show schedule.
- Competitors may enter as many classes as they wish but may not stage more than one entry per class.
- All exhibits and competitors’ property will be at the risk of the competitor and neither AOIFA or Cork Summer Show can accept any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage sustained by any competitor.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to allowing an image of your design be published and named by AOIFA & The Munster Agricultural Society, in any form.
- The Judges’ decision is final.
- An empty space spoils the Show, so please do not enter more Classes than can be attempted. Exhibitors unable to attend should inform the Competition Secretary as soon as possible.
- Online entries only: www.corksummershow.com
- Entries will open from Friday 17 April 2023 to Friday 9 June 2023.
Queries to Nicola Desmond, Floral Art Chairperson, M: 086 8515371 (after 6pm) or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Competitions Committee will decide the positions of all exhibits.
- Only officials, competitors and other authorised persons will be allowed in the marquee during staging times.
- All measurements in the staging instructions are approximate. All exhibits must be staged at the venue with the exception of the Petite Class which must be pre-done. All exhibits must be staged within the space provided.
- Aerosol cans of any description must not be used in the competition venue.
- Competitors will be responsible for the maintenance of their exhibits for the duration of the Show.
- Competitors must ensure that all rubbish is removed from the staging area.
Staging - Friday 16 June 2023 - 4pm to 8pm
Judging - Saturday 17 June 2023 - 8am to 10am
Viewing - Saturday 17 June 2023 from 11am
Dismantling - Sunday 18 June 2023 - 5pm - 6pm